Right now I am going through a huge change in my life. It is a very exciting time but also a demanding and challenging time. At the forefront is the fear of the unknown, fear of just “what have I let myself in for?”, fear of not succeeding, fear of what others will think.
Oh it would be so easy to just find all the excuses why I should do something else. I could easily convince myself that I don’t have the skills, that I don’t need the angst in my life, that it is all just too hard, that for whatever reason it would be easier to do something else.
Have YOU ever faced a fear and then looked for excuses to avoid facing the issue?
Here are some steps to help you face those fears and avoid making excuses:
- Accept that making excuses is not being true to yourself, family or friends.
- Focus on your goals and believe in yourself to achieve them.
- Realise that you have the power to think and feel how you want to.
- Make a commitment to take FULL responsibility for your life. That means no more blaming anything or anyone. Not your fear, not your parents, not your circumstances, not your spouse, not your children, and certainly not your age.
- Get inspired. Associate with people who inspire you, who are a good influence on you.
- Appreciate YOU. Take time every day to appreciate your innate gifts.
- Fake it till you make it. Pretend to believe, stay POSITIVE and eventually you will BELIEVE & BE.
- Just do it! As Nike says, stop making excuses and take a small step today. Not tomorrow. TODAY.
As for me. Well I accepted the challenge, overcame my fear and I am now enjoying the fruits that the change has brought to my life. You can do it too.
Life Rewards Action!!